Bits and Pieces…
I’ve lived in the Dix Hills/Huntington area for 30+ years. But I’m a native of a small SW Oklahoma town, Eldorado, located about 4 miles from the Texas border. My graduating high school class had 24 students. My father, George W. Littlefield, was the town banker, and I soon learned to appreciate my Dad’s dedication and commitment to the community. There were times when crops didn’t make it, or personal difficulties made it hard for customers to repay their loans – and he did all he could to help them through their financial crisis.
I’m a graduate of Baylor University, Waco, TX – where I met my husband, Neil, a native New Yorker, while he was working on his Ph.D in Psychology. Shortly after we married we moved to Long Island and made our home first in Huntington Station and a couple of years later in Dix Hills. We have two grown children, Kim and David; both graduated from Half Hollow Hills HS West and later from colleges out-of-state. They have interesting and active careers, which we take great enjoyment and pride in following!
Besides being an active REALTOR, successfully selling homes in the Dix Hills, Melville, Huntington areas for 25 years, I’ve been involved most of my life. I was on HHH PTA Boards in every school my children attended and PTA Council Chair for the Community Awareness Committee for about 10 years, involved with community issues and a Dix Hills Civic Association board member for longer than that, and now active in REALTOR organizations.
Awards for Service & Community Involvement:
- Dix Hills Civic Association Past Vice-President , Current Board Member
- Half Hollow Hills PTA Council Past Legislative Chair and Community Awareness Committee Chair
- Town of Huntington Chair “Deer Park Avenue Task Force” (Town Board Appointment)
- Proclamation from Town of Huntington presented in “Recognition of Leadership and Service to the Dix Hills Community”
- Dix Hills Civic Association – “Award of Appreciation for Service to the Community”
- Long Island Board of Realtors,
- Huntington Township Chapter – “Award of Appreciation for Service to the Community”
Real Estate Career
My business is Real Estate. I’m a NYS Licensed Real Estate Broker Associate and for 25 years I’ve been actively selling residential real estate in Huntington Township and surrounding areas, and particularly in the Dix Hills/Melville area. During this time I’ve pursued advanced real estate training, earned a Bunch of Awards, and had the privilege and pleasure to successfully represent many wonderful people when buying or selling their homes.
One of the first REALTORS on Long Island to have a personal website, LIagent.com, I’ve had an internet presence since 1995. My goal then is the same now – to provide information and content of value – with the tools to enable the consumer to understand the buying or selling process. Buying or selling a home is one of the most important decisions a person will make. Comprehensive information plus understanding the process as it unfolds enables a consumer to make educated decisions with confidence.
My responsibility to my customers and clients is to remain competitive in the industry and keep up with changing trends in marketing, negotiation and the housing market. To do that I constantly sharpen my skills by taking classes, attending master-mind conferences and network online with other like-minded professionals.
I’ve earned several advanced credentials from the National Association of Realtors and other organizations:
- Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist — CLHMS
- Certified Relocation Professional — CRP
- Certified Residential Specialist — CRS
- Certified Technology Professional — E-PRO
- Graduate Realtors Institute — GRI
- Short Sales Foreclosure Specialist — SFR
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist — SRES
Professional Experience, Affiliations and Awards
- 26 Years selling residential real estate
- 20 Years with RE/MAX before office joined Realty Executives
- Office Top Producer, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 — Realty Executives North Shore
- Awarded Diamond, Executive, Chairman Clubs – Realty Executives International
- Circle of Eagles Award — Realty Executives International
- “Spirit Award” for Leadership and Integrity — Realty Executives New York
- RE/MAX Hall of Fame
- RE/MAX International Platinum Club
- Long Island Board of Realtors, Huntington Chapter “Distinguished Service Award”
- NY State RE/MAX “Above the Crowd Award”
- Cyber Professionals, Director
- NYS Association of Realtors, Director
- Long Island Board of Realtors, Director
- Huntington Chapter LI Board of Realtors, President
- Long Island Board of Realtors Grievance Committee, Vice-Chair
- Multiple Listing Service of LI Technology Committee, Chairman
- Town of Huntington Affordable Housing Task Force, Town Board Appointee
- National Association of Realtors
- Long Island Seniors Resource Group – Dix Hills Chapter
- Equator Certified Platinum Agent for REO & Short Sales
I hope that you find the answers to all your questions. If not, please Contact Me, I’ll be pleased to answer them..